Mastodon LOST 2014 - Celebrate the 10th Anniversary | LOST

DarkUFO - Lost

Thanks to Erika for sending us this.



That's right, we have to go baaack! As I mentioned at the tail end (LOST pun intended) of my post back in May 2013 and a few posts before that, a fan meetup called LOST 2014 is happening on Oahu to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the September 22, 2004 series premiere. Can you believe it's been that long? A full decade. Whoa.

When I first heard about LOST 2014, I knew I was going to do everything in my power to try and attend, but I wasn't sure how many other people there were out there who'd feel the same way. As I prepared to write this post in advance of the August 31 registration cut-off, I checked in with Kelley (the organizer) about how attendance was shaping up so far. To say I was shocked to learn that I'd be joined on Oahu by 233 LOST fans (and counting) from more than 12 countries is an understatement. I mean, I know there are millions of people around the world who love the show, but it's one thing to love a show and quite another to haul yourself out to Hawaii in order to bond with fellow fans, am I right? This means there are at least 233 other people out there as #=@*!$%^@* crazy as I am, hooray! LOST FANDOM 4EVA!

Needless to say, I couldn't be more excited to meet up with everyone. I remember being a little nervous to go out to Oahu by myself for the Season Six Sunset on the Beach premiere event. My husband was like, "Um, what if these people are ax murderers?" when I told him of my intention to finally meet other LOST bloggers and Long Live Locke readers and fans of the show "in real life" (or IRL, as the kids say). But I am not exaggerating when I tell you that weekend ended up being one of the best of my life; I solidified some close friendships over the whirlwind that was those few days. And I know the LOST 2014 event is going to be just as special.

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus