Mastodon URGENT! Glimmer Of Hope That Agents Bringing WGA & AMPTP Back In Touch | LOST

DarkUFO - Lost

Thanks to Lyly for finding this

EXCLUSIVE: This is one of those stories where I don't want to put the kibosh on possible progress by reporting on it. But I also need to post news as it comes to me. I just learned tonight that certain Hollywood agents are "really in the middle of this right now." A source tells me that a partner in one of the major tenpercenteries is having "much conversation" with WGA negotiating committee topper Dave Young. At the same time, a partner at a different major agency is talking to AMPTP president Nick Counter. (For the moment, I'm not going to reveal the names of the agents involved.) Together, the agents' goal right now is to just bring both sides back in touch with one another. A phone call is about to happen, or may have already happened, between Young and Counter today, I'm told. "Apparently, there will be a chat," the source said. I'm told the agents involved are "encouraged by the activity today." There's also hope the agents can help clear away side issues and facilitate the re-start of settlement talks, now at a standstill.

Source: Deadline Hollywood

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus