Mastodon Dominic Monaghan interview with Teen Television | LOST

DarkUFO - Lost

TeenTelevision: Are you going back to features during a hiatus?
Dom: I'm gonna do a film called I Sell The Dead. It's about grave robbers in the 12th century.

TeenTelevision: Freaky! So are you one of the grave robbers?
Dom: Yeah. I play the lead guy. Me and Ron Perlman are in it.

TeenTelevision: What about Charlie's music. Are you going to play more for us this season?
Dom: That's more of a writer question. I wrote a song this year for the show called "Flux" which I sent to Damon and J.J. and, possibly, we'll do something with that but that's not up to me. It's up to them.

TeenTelevision: Do you talk to Damon and other producers about something you'd like to see happen for Charlie on the show?
Dom: Sure. I'm friends enough with Damon that I can have conversations with him and talk to him about concerns. This year I've just been asking 'what is actually going to happen with Charlie when he reappears coming toward the end of the season?' We've been talking about that a lot.

TeenTelevision: What would you like to see happening to Charlie on the show?
Dom: As an actor, I would just like to see more. I'd like to work more and be in the show more. It's an ensemble cast so you have to wait your turn. Stanislavski said 'there are no small parts, just small actors' so you have to really use the small amount of screen time you have. But, I love it when Charlie goes 'dark'. I love the Dark Jedi thing that he does when he puts his hood up. I want to see him go down a dark pathway.

TeenTelevision: Do you and Emilie [de Ravin] talk about storylines for your characters?
Dom: We're on set a lot so we talk about what we think would happen with Claire and Charlie. In terms of in our down time, no. But, when we're working together we always wonder about what's next.

TeenTelevision: Speaking of "Lost", why is it that men never ask for directions?
Dom: Well, I'm kind of metrosexual in that if I get lost I do ask for directions. I always pull over to a gas station and ask. I think guys have a lot of pride. I should probably be gay but I like women too much.

TeenTelevision: Do you work out and, if so, what's your motivation?
Dom: Well, I think my body looks a lot better when I go to the gym and it helps me eat more food which I always need to do. If I have a day at work, I'll come home and be three pounds lighter through stress. I guess that's going to piss some people off. But, what I need to do, is eat a lot and work out and I love surfing.

TeenTelevision: Charlie struggles with his urges for drugs. Do you feel a sense of awareness or responsibility that you play a drug addict?
Dom: Yeah. I have been asked a lot about drugs. I did an article with "USA Today" at one point just to address the drug issue because I didn't want to give media-friendly sound bytes about drugs. It's obviously a personal choice that people have to make but it ruins people's lives essentially sometimes. You have to be very careful. I think Charlie is proof, on camera, that drugs are probably not a great idea. He's the effect of drugs. I'm a young guy who grew up obsessed with The Beatles. I know all about drugs. I know what it's like to lose control.
Source: Teen Television

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus