Update: 26th July Submissions are now closed.
Update: 15th July We now have over 4300+ registered users. Only 1 week left before we close the submissions.
Update: 4th July 2008 We now have over 3700 registered users. Only 3 weeks left before we close submissions.
Update: 6/17 17:53 G-Man has answered more of your questions in the comment section.
Update: 6/14 23:55 G-Man has answered some of your questions in the comments section.
Update: 23:15 610 Signups so far
Update: 17:50 250 Signups in 2 hours! Looks like we're going to beat last years 2,400 entrants.
They're at it again Lost fans! While Season 4 came to a close, DarkUFO and G-Man locked themselves in their respective DHARMA stations and feverishly worked on setting up a brand new LFL for Season 5.
The result is a bigger and better Lost Fantasy League. We've nearly doubled the number of League Characters, added another character group, added and removed a few points categories, simplified the scoring rules and adjusted the points scale! If our math is correct, there are now over 17 million possible team combinations for you to select from.
Registration will remain open until major spoilers begin to leak out. Lost will resume filming in August, so we should have at least two months for you fine folks to sign up for the Season 5 LFL.
Let us know in the comments who you selected and why
1) Please complete the submission form using the link below.
2) Please only submit entry 1 per person.
3) We have a new field to enter this year which allows you to select the site that you would like your results to appear in. EG If you are a Lostpedia user and want to keep track of your place with other Lostpedia users make sure you select Lostpedia from the Select Site option. NOTE: Everyone is still included in the full table but this allows other sites to easily track their own tables etc. Owners of these sites should be providing details of the league in the appropriate forums/blogs/sites.
4) You must use a valid email address.
5) This email address will NOT be displayed or sold to any third party marketing companies and will ONLY be used to contact you if you are a prize winner and to send you a confirmation of your picks.
6) Only fill out the Celebrity Code field if you have already been contacted by DarkUFO.
7) Make sure you enter your team Name so that it is unique to you. The team name is the name you will use to find your team in the full table- eg Don't call your team LOST or Sawyer or Jack etc Make it unique like Andy's Greatest Fantasy Team :) (but please, nothing obscene or tasteless)
8) After you have submitted your team you should receive an email confirming your picks. Please check your Spam/Junk Folder if you don't receive one within an hour.
9) If you are a member of one of the sites listed, make sure that other site members know about the Fantasy League so that you can compete against your friends.
10) If you are the owner of one of the sites listed and have not received your CELEB code please email me.
Please remember to write down your selections! Season 5 is a long way off and it's easy to forget who's on your team. Then all you need to do is find a way to survive the 8-month Hiatus. There's plenty going on all across the Lost-o-sphere, including here at DarkUFO.
Once Season 5 starts, all you have to do is enjoy Lost. We do all the work of keeping score and tabulating the results for you. Be sure to check back after each episode to see how your team did. G-Man will post Fantasy Updates that will include detailed character points, important points rulings and our Top Celebs and Overall leader boards. At the end of Season 5, the winners will be announced and they will take home some fabulous prizes!
This year we have expanded both the number of League characters you can choose from and the number of character groups. When filling out the registration form, you will be asked to select one character from each of these 8 groups. These picks become your Fantasy Team and will earn and lose you points during Season 5. This year's character groupings are based largely on the known geographic locations of the various characters as of the end of the Season 4 finale.
As we said before, with this grouping set up, there are over 17 million different team combinations for you to choose from. As we learned last season, the most popular pick is not necessarily going to be the winning pick, so think about your selections before you submit. Look up the characters on Lostpedia to see what they've done in past episodes. Maybe they're due for a flashback or flashforward, or maybe they're just due to make an appearance.
As with Fantasy Sports, the Lost Fantasy League awards points to the characters on your team based on what they do during the episodes. DarkUFO and G-man have made some adjustments to the points categories from last season. Whether you are new to the LFL or played last season, be sure to look over the points allocations, as they may also help you determine your Fantasy Team.