Thanks to thedemonhog for the following.
Damon Lindelof is the cover story for this week's issue of The Hollywood Reporter, one of the American entertainment industry's two main trade magazines.
* He has two $200 million films coming out this summer in 'Star Trek into Darkness' and 'World War Z' starring Brad Pitt and Matthew Fox, he is making a pilot for HBO called 'The Leftovers' with Peter Berg and has another upcoming film called 'Tomorrowland' co-written by Jeff Jensen from 'Entertainment Weekly', directed by Brad Bird and starring George Clooney and Hugh Laurie
* The year that 'Lost' premiered was the most miserable in his life and he tried to quit many times
* His atheist father had just died, so much of the Jack-Christian relationship/timeline was based on his relationship with his father and Damon's feelings
* He just turned forty and his son is now six
* He enjoys following Justin Bieber on Twitter
* After 'Lost' ended, he caught up on 'The Wire', 'Friday Night Lights', 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Justified' and 'Breaking Bad'
* He did a lot of press for 'Prometheus' because Ridley Scott did not want to
* Brad Pitt was once attached to 'Prometheus', so he brought him over to 'World War Z' because it did not have an ending
* He received between $200 000 and $300 000 a week for rewriting 'World War Z'
* He got a job in writing television from his friend Julie Plec (producer of 'Dawson's Creek' and 'The Vampire Diaries')
* Damon still loves the ending of 'Lost' and stands by it
* He reads everything written about him and his work
* He would love to work on 'Star Wars', but will not because it will be too hard on him if it is not well-received and he is blamed
You can read the full article here.
Welcome to DarkUFO, one of the most popular Lost sites on the net! We hope to have everything that a Lost fan wants: Spoilers, Theories, Screencaps, Recaps, Contests and lots of other great things to keep a dedicated Lost fan occupied. Please have a look around, post a comment, and even visit our forums or chatroom to interact with other Lost fans. Have fun, and namaste!
Damon Lindelof on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter
5/16/2013 09:04:00 pm
Thanks to thedemonhog for the following.
Josh Holloway's new show Intelligence ordered to series
5/15/2013 02:36:00 pm
INTELLIGENCE is a dramatic thriller starring Josh Holloway as a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. With this implant, Gabriel (Holloway) is the first human ever to be connected directly into the worldwide information grid and have complete access to Internet, WiFi, telephone and satellite data. He can hack into any data center and access key intel in the fight to protect the United States from its enemies. Leading the elite government cyber-security agency created to support him is Director Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), a straightforward and efficient boss who oversees the unit’s missions. Strand assigns Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), a Secret Service agent, to protect Gabriel from outside threats, as well as from his appetite for reckless, unpredictable behavior and disregard for protocol. Other skilled members of the Cybercom team include Chris Jameson (Michael Rady) and Gonzalo “Gonzo” Rodriguez (James Martinez), two resourceful federal investigators. The brains behind the design of the chip is Dr. Shenendoah Cassidy (John Billingsley), whose son, Nelson (PJ Byrne), is jealous of Gabriel’s prominent place in his father’s life. As the first supercomputer with a beating heart, Gabriel is the most valuable piece of technology the country has ever created and is the U.S.’s secret weapon. Michael Seitzman, René Echevarria, Tripp Vinson, and David Semel (for pilot) are executive producers for ABC Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios.
JJ Abrams Interview
5/14/2013 07:26:00 am
Thanks to Greg for sending us the following.
- JJ has not seen every episode of Fringe
- Had a very interesting encounter with Eddie Murphy who "summonsed" him for a meeting that went nowhere
- Studio believed that 4 years was too long between movies
- He developed an entire script for a Superman movie that was leaked online and ruined the entire project
- He talks about Star Wars, how it came about and the fact that it will be filmed in London and confirms it is a sequel to the original three movies (ie the next one will be Episode 7)
Michael Emerson talks about the LOST ending and Smoke Monster
5/10/2013 09:11:00 am
Thanks to both callingyourbs and Darq for the heads up.
First Look at Terry O'Quinn in his new TV Show
5/09/2013 10:02:00 am
Carlton Cuse discusses -- among other things -- Lost and becoming a television show writer
5/07/2013 08:52:00 am
Thanks to Emily for the heads up.
You can read and listen to the podcast here.