Update: 22:05 Video added
NOTE: The video will be added as soon as it is done processing.
This episode was much easier to score and yet I'm still late in getting the results to you! :-p
"What Kate Does" was a little disappointing for the LFL. The score was high but that's mostly because it was our first double-points episode. It was also very unbalanced. But, it's our second straight 1000+ point scoring episode.
Check out the info below and remember that you can use our Lost Fantasy Team Lookup Table pin down your Fantasy Team's roster. You can also follow me behind the scenes each week by following the LFL on Facebook and Twitter.
If you think we missed anything with the scores, tell us in the comments or by emailing your questions and scoring thoughts to LFLquestions@gmail.com
NOTE: I accidentally counted the police that visit Claire twice when tallying her score. Claire's score and the episode's score will be corrected with next week's post.
IMPORTANT RULINGS FOR 6.01/02 "LA X"
1) The Smoke Monster and the Man in Black are the same entity. MIB threw it right in our faces that he was the Smoke Monster after dispatching Bram and his team. The producers also appear to have confirmed that MIB and Smokey are one and the same on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. Because of this, Smokey and MIB will receive identical scores regardless of what form this evil entity appears in. We are not eliminating one or the other from the LFL, so both characters will remain in play. If you only have one of them, you will get credit for one. If both MIB and Smokey are on your team, your Group 2 and Group 6 scores will be identical.
2) Hurley seeing Jacob is not an Island Vision. Hurley has the ability to see dead people. We have ruled that this differs from what we know as an Island Vision. Therefore, when Hurley is seen being visited by dead characters, it will not be considered an Island Vision.
IMPORTANT RULINGS FOR 6.03 "WHAT KATE DID"
1) Jin is charged with a minor injury for the bear trap. This is a temporary ruling. I couldn't tell if there was any blood or a fractured bone. As soon as we get a better look at Jin's leg and an understanding of his condition, we will finalize this injury status.
2) The man who removes Kate's handcuffs is not important enough to count for points. Neither is his garage/chop shop. While he did free Kate, he seemed to us like a random kind of guy who was (conveniently) willing to cut Kate a break. If we see him later this season in an important way, this ruling may be reversed.
3) Sayid being tortured is a major injury. The electroshock was a gray area but being burned with a hot poker is consistent with what we would consider a major injury.
4) The ash blown onto Sayid counts as a new thing. For now, we believe this was the same ash the Others spread around the Temple entrances. If we learn later this season that it was not, then we may reverse this decision.
5) The woman who would have adopted Aaron counts for new person points. This woman was the reason Claire was on the plane in the first place, which makes her important enough for new person points. Her house, however, isn't significant enough for new place points.
6) Aaron gets credit for attendance. His appearance on the sonogram screen is worth the basic 5 points but he does not get any other points because he did not physically appear in the episode.
7) Kate does not get credit for encountering the cops. We couldn't see in the approaching police cruiser if the officers who visited Claire later were inside. Also, Kate was in the next room. Our rules now require a League Character to actually look at a new person to get credit.
8) Claire kills both Justin and Aldo. We believe that Aldo is definitely dead. Justin may not be but we couldn't tell if he was just injured. If Justin is not dead, we will reverse this ruling.
9) Dogen injures Jack. In the past, we have ruled that things like surgery do not count as injuries because they are helpful. In the case of Jack being beaten around to get him to cough up the pill, Dogen crossed a line and clearly caused Jack pain that could have been avoided.
10) The stuffed whale counts as a new thing. It doesn't matter if Kate seemed to recognize it. What matters is that we saw the whale in Season 4 at a pivotal point in Jack and Kate's relationship. Had it been just a random stuffed animal, it would not have counted.
11) Claire's premature contractions count as an injury. We have never docked a League Character for going through childbirth. Premature labor pains, though, will count, as Claire opted to not have Aaron right away.
12) The hospital counts for points but the nurses do not. The hospital is important in that Claire gets treatment there. None of the staff are worth points (save Ethan) unless they become important later on.
KATE (+370 points): Attendance; Encounters a DHARMA Logo (Generic?); Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing (9- Claire, Arzt, Coconut Trap, Mrs. Baskum, Ethan, Sawyer's Ring, the Hospital, the Stuffed Whale, Aaron); Episode Centricity; Miscellaneous FB/FF; Inflicts a Major Injury (2- Aldo and Justin); Travels by Car (4 times); Visits a DHARMA Location (Barracks)
JACK (+50 points): Appears in Someone Else's Miscellaneous FB/FF (Kate); Attendance; Encounters a DHARMA Logo (Generic?); Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing; Gets a Minor Injury (Knocked around by Dogen)
HURLEY (+30 points): Attendance; First Line
SAWYER (+20 points): Attendance; Visits a DHARMA Location (Barracks)
JIN (+80 points): Attendance; Encounters a DHARMA Logo (Generic?); Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing (2- Coconut Trap, Bear trap); Gets a Minor Injury (2- Punched by Aldo; Steps in a bear trap); Last Line
SAYID (+70 points): Attendance; Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing (2- Ash, Pill); First Person on Screen; Gets a Major Injury (Tortured)
MILES (0 points): Attendance; Gets a Minor Injury (punched)
CLAIRE (+280 points): Appears in Someone Else's Miscellaneous FB/FF (Kate); Attendance; Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing (8- Kate, Ed Mars, Arzt, Mrs. Baskum, Ethan, Cops, Hospital, Aaron); Gets a Minor Injury (Premature contractions); Kills Someone (2- Aldo and Justin); Last on Screen; Says the Title of an Episode (2- "Abandoned," "Three Minutes"); Travels by Car (3 times)
AARON (+10 points): Attendance
ETHAN (+110 points): Appears in Someone Else's Miscellaneous FB/FF (Kate); Attendance; Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing (3- Kate, Aaron, Claire)
ARZT (+80 points): Appears in Someone Else's Miscellaneous FB/FF; Attendance; Encounters a New Person, Place or Thing (2- Kate, Claire)
This week we've got just one FGotW and it is Gräck from DarkUFO! Gräck managed to tally up an astounding 920 points and shot their way into our Top 5! Congratulations!
Gräck: Kate, Jin, Richard, Claire, Bernard, Ethan, Arzt
NOTE: We are currently in the process of adding some teams back into the LFL because some folk registered more than one team with the same email address. If you can't find your team in our charts, give us another week or two before contacting us about it.
Click on the thumbnails to view the full image.
Search full table by team name
Search full table by site
Download table by team name
Download table by site
It's very early on in the season but some characters are already at risk of becoming LFL-irrelevant.
Right now, it's Kate's game to lose. She's nearly doubled up on Jack and working her way towards having 2.5 times more points than Hurley. It's too early to tell if the double-points episode has assured Kate the Group 1 win. Any of the other four characters could land themselves a DPE later on this season. Ben is in the worst shape, with only 20 points yet. He needs to crank it up to 11 and fall into some points. There is still plenty of time for Sawyer to catch up but the next two weeks are pretty much make-or-break for Ben.
I'm really starting to think Sayid will be the surprise winner here. Yeah, it's way too early to be making that kind of call but his importance has shot up a lot in just two episodes. If he can stay relevant and a focal point, he should be able to continue. I'm definitely feeling some MIB love coming our way this week. Lost usually doesn't take more than a week off from one set of characters. If MIB can behave himself, he'll start digging out of his hole. If you have MIB, then you will probably be rooting against Sayid's new found significance. Sun is caught in the middle and I'm not really feeling any kind of need for Miles any more. I find that sad, because I really like him.
This group is still up for grabs. I think Richard might be around tonight because he was last with MIB. No one goes AWOL for too long on this show. Bram can be written off though. He's one of the first people that you can truly give up on this season. I'd like to see more out of Ilana and I'm curious to see how they work Desmond into the story again. Random appearances in the Alt won't be enough for him.
Now that we've seen Claire back on the Island, it's tempting to declare her the group winner but I'm not that hasty. If she can't behave and starts killing people, I can see her losing ground. This would open the door for Frank to move on up. The folks in Group 4 with zero points right now could still come back but they will need either Claire to self-destruct or for their own episode and ongoing story line. If Claire amps up her involvement on the show, she very well could run away with it early.
This group is still wide open. I have no idea if we'll see any of these folks tonight but it could be possible. It may depend on who gets the centricity. None of these characters seem overly vital yet and I think it could remain this way all season.
Ethan has shown that Cindy has not run away with the group. Smokey might be screwed but we will probably be seeing him more regularly than anyone else in this group this year. With consistent appearances, Smokey can still catch up. Everyone else is going to need the kind of episode Cindy and Ethan had in order to remain in the discussion.
Arzt is rocking the Alt so far. If he can make a few more cameos, he could be set, which would be a major coup for Group 7. Everyone else is still in play though. With the rest of the season ahead of us, everyone below Arzt needs to show up at least twice now in order to make up ground. Not sure who is likely, if any of them, to show up tonight.
Basically, it's too early to tell much of anything except that Bram and Juliet are now completely useless to your Fantasy Teams.