Mastodon Photos from the Set | LOST

DarkUFO - Lost

Photos from the Set

A Big Thanks to Josh for putting these together. For those of you that never ventured into the Spoiler Section you may not have seen many Set Photos before.

I took a vacation to Hawaii in 2006 and managed to find some of the accessible and not-so accessible filming locations on Oahu. I'm a huge fan and finding this stuff was an amazing adventure. In my post-Lost withdrawals, I got to thinking that others might be interested in seeing these as well.

You can easily drive to most of these locations, with the exception of Papailoa Beach. From Season Two on, this beach was used as the main camp. I didn’t realize it until it was almost too late, but this area is guarded 24-7. As with all beaches in Hawaii, the beach itself is public property, but things can get a little dicey once you leave the sand. I had neglected to pack sunscreen for this outing, so I took to the jungle to get some shade. I found some spots that looked familiar, but nothing terribly impressive until I almost tripped on some PVC tube lines where they would normally have no business being. I was starting to get a bit turned around in the jungle at this point, so I struck back for the beach. I was further encouraged by additional private property and safety hazard signs posted along the way. My hike pressed on, my sunburn continued to get worse and my flight home would be leaving in just a couple of hours. I was on the verge of giving up when I came over the crest of a small hill and noticed… Mr. Eko’s church!! Just a little further up, I found the Lostie cemetery with several freshly dug holes in the ground! A little beyond all of this, I found the main camp, with some of the set still in tact from late Season 2 filming! Curiosity peaked at this point; I found and followed a road that ran in behind the camp. This road took me to a large, red storage crate with Oceanic wreckage piled along the sides!! I accidentally made some noise when poking around in the wreckage and tipped off a nearby guard who came zipping toward me on a golf cart. Alongside this guard on his cart was a woman pulling up her top (draw your own conclusions). I quickly hid my camera and pleaded ignorance for the next several minutes. The guard informed me of a $400 trespassing fine that was possible for my transgressions and questioned my ability to read. I had to walk a long way around to get back to my car (having been banished from the jungle), but got off free, otherwise.

I hope you enjoy these pictures almost as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Mahalo and namaste,

Josh


First National Bank (Kate bank robbery)
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Hawaii Convention Center (Oceanic Air)
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Jin proposal to Sun
imagebam.com

Ka'a'awa Valley (Hurley's golf course, Jughead, many hikes)
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Kahala Mandarin Oriental (Jack's wedding)
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Mokule'ia Beach (815 crash beach)
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Papailoa Beach (Main beach camp)
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Royal Garden Hotel (Where Jin worked as a doorman)
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Sea cliffs near Makapu'u Point and PeleÆs Chair (Dave and Lighthouse)
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Storage Area behind Papailoa Beach
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Source: Josh@DarkUFO

We welcome relevant, respectful comments.
 
blog comments powered by Disqus